Dunkirk, NY 14048
Private groups interested in doing their own investigation of a historical working lighthouse and adjacent Victorian keeper’s house (circa 1875) are encouraged to book a date either by e-mail or by telephone. The Dunkirk Light was first established on Point Gratiot in 1827 to guide ships to the safety of Dunkirk Harbor. The 61-ft lighthouse tower has its original third order Fresnel lens and the light’s 27-mile range makes it one of the most prominent lights on Lake Erie. Watch a video of a visit to Dunkirk Lighthouse.
Opportunities for visitors:
Participants will tour the house and tower, being given information about paranormal activity. Groups will then have the opportunity to set up their equipment and investigate the house and tower.
Days/times of operation:
Visit the ghost hunts schedule here.