Cobleskill, NY 12043
The oldest building (1802) in Cobleskill has a storied history: it was burned twice in battles during the French and Indian War, served as town hall, courthouse and meeting hall, was an inn, a residence and, since the 1960s, an inn again. However, the problems didn’t start until after the new owner acquired a liquor license; unbeknownst to him, he had established the bar in the bedroom of Mrs. John Stacy (the last resident of the house), a member of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union and a committed anti-alcohol advocate. Mrs. Stacy makes minor trouble, “tossing silverware off tables, knocking over glasses and throwing napkins about…an apparition in a long white dress or nightgown wandering through the dining room by staff working late at night.” Despite moving the bar into the basement, guests have reported seeing a strange woman in “period dress” wandering the building and numerous strange events occur.
Opportunities for visitors:
Request a guided tour (2-12 people) or read their one-pager for more information on the spirits. Ghost hunts (up to 4 hours) available by reservation. Haunted dining.
Days/times of operation:
Restaurant dining during regular hours. Haunted tours, dining and hunting by appointment or as scheduled event.
Depending upon package/event